In-person conditioning for Gymnastics has been canceled for today. There were not enough sign ups to hold an in-person conditioning. See below for the at-home workout designed by the coaches:
5 minute run/jog
5-10 minute stretch
You will then complete 3 sets. Each set will be for 7-minutes. You will need to work through the exercises as quickly as possible and complete as many rounds of those exercises as possible.
Round 1: 15 push ups, 20 v-ups, 25 air squats, 30 toe raises
Round 2: 12 dips (use the edge of a chair or couch), 20 side crunches on each side, 15 jumping lunges on each side
Round 3: 30 arch ups, 20 high knees on each leg, 12 burpees with a pushup
Rest for 1-2 minutes inbetween each round. When you have finished, do 10 kicks on each leg in each directions (front, side, back).
If you (your athlete plan to attend pre-season conditioning for gymnastics, please use the sign up link below. The coaches need to know how many athletes to plan for. If there are less than FIVE sign ups, there will be no in-person conditioning and the coaches will post an at-home workout for the girls to do.
If there are any questions, please contact Coach Maci or Coach Brynne via email.
Forge Gymnastics will now have pre-season conditioning every other Thursday afternoon from 4:00-5:15pm in the gymnasium. This will begin Thursday, November 5th. Athletes will need to enter through door 13 to be checked in and screened. Please arrive and leave on time. All athletes will need to wear a mask at all times until instructed not to. A physical must be on file in order to participate.
If there are any further questions, please contact Coach Maci or Coach Brynne.
Athletics have returned here at CFHS!!!
Please review the following information. It is important that all athletes and parents have reviewed and understand these policies and protocols before athletes return to play.
1. All athletes participating in pre-season conditionigs MUST have a completed physical on file at the school before you can participate in the conditioning activities (so before October 15th). You can drop it off at the school to Mr. Hill M-F by 4:00 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your physical from last year does not count. It must be dated after May 1st, 2020.
2. There will be an emergency card and participation consent form on the Forge Athletics page and on the Gymnastics page in the "Team Files" tab that will need to be filled out. You may not participate without your coach having a completed copy of both forms.
3. Our first conditioning date is Thursday, October 15 from 4-6pm. We will have conditionings every other Thursday from 4-6pm from then on. These are not mandatory.
4. We will have access to the tennis courts, and your designated check in/parking lot would be directly in front of the courts. We will always have conditioning here until we move inside. No school equipment will be used. We may not have off campus practice
5. When you arrive, DO NOT leave your car until you have been checked in (temp taken and form checked off) and asked to go out to the courts.
6. There will be no building access during this phase of conditioning. Not even for the restroom (Porta pottys will be available if you have to use the restroom)
7. Bring your own water bottles. Nothing can be shared!
8. You MUST wear a mask unless you are actually exercising. Coach Brynne and I will be wearing masks the entire time.
9. Please do not to huddle together at any time. You should be able to stand in one place with your arms out to the side and not touch anyone at ALL times.
10. Please wear comfortable sneakers as you will be doing conditioning exercises. You may also want to bring a yoga mat and jump rope, but these are not required.
11. Please arrive and leave on time. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may not be able to participate in conditioning that day.
12. If your parent would like to watch, they MUST stay in their car in the parking lot.
Our season will not start until December 14th, meaning that will most likely be the day of tryouts. We will have 60% of our regular season meets and 100% of post season meets (to my knowledge). Specifics on districts, regionals, and states will come later. The meet schedule will be posted shortly.
We are participating in the outside conditioning so we are able to participate in inside conditionings if/when approved on October 23rd. If we
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to Coach Maci Winebarger or Coach Brynne Reeves.
All forms needed in order to participate in the pre-season conditionings can be found in the TEAM FILES tab.