Varsity Field Hockey
Field Hockey Conditioning Update:
- There is no conditioning today, 11/24/2020.
- All off season sports will not resume conditioning until we come back from winter break. I will email our start date sometime in December.
- Prospective Players only- check your email on how to join our Remind Group.
- The winter dead period is December 7-19, 2020. There will be no communication with the players during that time.
Please let me know if you have any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Hockey conditioning has a few updates:
- There will be NO conditioning on Tuesday, 11/3/2020. Conditioning will resume on Tuesday, 11/10/2020.
- Time change: Starting 11/10/2020, conditioning will be from 3:30-5pm. Check in will be from 3:30-3:45 to allow students time to get to school.
- Equipment: We can use equipment starting 11/10/2020! Please bring your field hockey gear: running shoes, cleats, field hockey stick, mouth guard, and goggles (if you wish- see explanation below). As always, bring water and wear your mask. The check in process is still the same!
- Rule 1-6-5 in the NFHS Field Hockey Rules book states goggles may be worn but wearing goggles is no longer a requirement. If you choose to wear goggles, they must be permanently labeled with the ASTM 2713 stamp.
- There will be NO conditioning on Tuesday, 11/24/2020.
Field Hockey conditioning is canceled today due to wet fields. We will see everyone next Tuesday, 10/20/2020!
We can officially begin off season conditioning. Click on the link below to see off season conditioning information. Please read and review all the information provided. Email me with questions or concerns!
This questionnaire is for anyone new that interested in playing field hockey at Colonial Forge High School (rising 9th graders, new students, or anyone that did not play field hockey this past season). Filling out this form does not mean you have to try out for the team nor does it mean you have a spot on the team. This form helps the coaches prepare for tryouts and have your information/emails.
Link to fill out- Prospective Player Form
2020-2021 Field Hockey Tryouts- Please plan vacations prior to tryouts and our season. We understand problems may arise but attendance is very important and absences will impact playing time (upon making the team).
Tryouts will start Monday, February 15, 2020 and go through Wednesday, February 17 2020. The players will find out if they made the team on February 17, 2020 after tryouts.
Tryout times are TO BE DETERMINED.
Must have a current physical on file (dated after May 1, 2020).
Must have cleats and running shoes, mouth guard, stick and ASTM certified goggles. All goggles must be stamped with the ASTM 2713 certification. If you do not have stamped goggles, you need to buy ones that are. Call Longstreth for questions regarding any goggles you might purchase: 1-800-545-1329
Practices times are to BE DETERMINED.
The mission statement of the Colonial Forge Girls’ field hockey team is to bring skill, passion, and sportsmanship to the game of field hockey. The coaching staff promotes success on the field and in the classroom. We are students first; athletes second and there is a delicate balance to be successful in both areas.
The coaches and players strive to be one of the best teams in the area in skill and sportsmanship. The coaching staff wants each field hockey player to be dedicated to both her individual improvement as well as development of the team. We want our players to go above and beyond, consistently demonstrating a high level of focus, intensity, and hustle during the season (practices and games) as well as during the offseason. Commitment and dedication from families and players is imperative to remain competitive within our district.
We have set forth team guidelines and we expect each player to abide by the rules and regulations. With a combined effort of all those involved, we believe we can achieve our goals. We believe in each and every player. Our successes will come from our continued hard work and dedication.
Thank you for your cooperation and continued support! Go Eagles!
Stafford County Public Schools Athletics/Activities Code of Conduct - Attendance Policy
- Students must attend over 3 of 4 of their classes (unless approved by administration)
- Students absent or suspended from school can not attend practice or games
- Unexcused absence from school is considered unexcused absence from practice
All of this information is in the Athletics/Activities Code of Conduct and SCPS Student Code of Conduct and was discussed at Parent Athlete Information Night.