Unfortunately, the Athletics Code of Conduct Signature Packets were not able to be produced in a fillable online format, but a PDF is available for you to print, sign, and turn in to Coach Maci when your gymnast arrives at the meet tomorrow night. You can click on the hyperlink or you can find the PDF version in the "Team Files" tab.
Your gymnast can not compete without this packet turned in (I apologize for the super late notice!!!). I will have hard copies on hand at the meet for anyone who does not have a printer. They will need to be signed right then and there if you need a hard copy from me.
The girls need to arrive at North Stafford High School by 4:00pm to help set up the gym. They need to come in with their hair up and ready to go. They will change into their leotards after set up is complete. Meets will be ran club style (warm up-compete at each event) instead of the traditional high school style way. Events will begin at 5:00pm, so if you are tuning in, please do so then.
Information for the live stream broadcasting can be found here.
The practice schedule for this week is below:
Monday 1/18- 2:00-4:00pm @ Paragon
Tuesday 1/19- 7:30-9:00am @ Paragon
Wednesday 1/20- MEET DAY @ North Stafford. Please arrive at North by 4pm to help set up. The meet will begin at 5pm (warm ups starting around 4:45ish)
Thursday 1/21- 7:30-9:00am @ Colonial Forge (side court)
Friday 1/22- OFF
Saturday 1/23- 12-2pm @ Paragon
Athletes will need to take their baseline concussion test at home BEFORE Tuesday at Midnight. You can find information on how to complete this test here.
Crew neck sweatshirt payments are to be given to Coach Maci via cash, check, Venmo (@MaciWinebarger), or CashApp ($MaciWinebarger).
There will be a parent meeting on Thursday, January 14th at 7:00pm via Google Meet (link will be below). I know this is short notice, but we need to have this meeting sooner rather than later. We will be going over procedures and protocols for this season, both CFHS and COVID related. If there is a question that can't be answered, you will be directed to Mr. Berry.
Please email Coach Maci if you will not be able to attend so the meeting notes can be sent to you.
Below is the practice schedule for the rest of the week:
Tuesday 1/12 - 7:30-9:00am at Paragon
Wednesday 1/13 - 7:30-9:00am at Paragon
Thursday 1/14 - 7:30-9:00am at Colonial Forge (side court)
Friday 1/15 - OFF
Saturday 1/16 - 9:30am-12:00pm at Paragon
In order for an athlete to practice at Paragon, they MUST be registered. You can register your athlete through Paragon's website.
Tryout results will be given tomorrow at the end of practice. If your child makes the team, a $50 insurance fee is due to Paragon by 9:00pm on Wednesday. This is a one-time payment can can be made through the website as well or cash or check can be brought in on Wednesday to give to the front desk. Checks should be made payable to "Paragon Gym For Kids" and in the memo line put the athlete's name and "insurance fee".
Your athlete my not participate in practice after Wednesday until these two items are complete.
More information will be posted soon regarding other housekeeping items (signature packets, parents meeting, meet info, etc.).
Dear SCPS Families,
Based on Governor Northam’s Executive Order 72, and recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and the Virginia High School League (VHSL), SCPS has made the decision to postpone winter sports until further clarification is provided.
These new requirements state that athletes in certain sports must wear masks at all times during group training, competition, and on the sidelines.
I understand this is a difficult time for our student athletes, and I understand the many benefits participation in sports provides. However, the new executive orders released yesterday require further clarification from the VHSL and VDH on how these requirements will impact our student athletes.
I will work with my administrative team to provide further clarification from VHSL and VDH during the first week in January.
Scott R. Kizner, Ph.D.
Tryouts for the 2020-2021 Gymnastics team will NOW take place on Monday, January 11th from 2:00-4:00pm and will conclude on Tuesday, January 12th from 7:30-9:00am.
Both days of tryouts (as well as most practices this year) will take place at Paragon Gymnastics (Paragon Gym for Kids off Rt. 3 between Tractor Supply and Aldi). If you plan to try out, you will need the following:
- A completed and signed physical must be on file at Colonial Forge High School. You may NOT do anu physical activity if this form is not properly filled out and on file.
- An emergency card must be filled out and handed to the coach on the day of tryouts,This can be found in the FORMS section.
- A mask must be worn upon entry into the building and a all athletes will need to pass a short health screening before entering. Masks may come off once the tryout has begun.
- Athletes must wear tight fitting clothes/active wear or a leotard. Anyone dressed in street clothes will not be permitted on any apparatus.
- A bag that you can carry from event to event that will hold all of your belongings (clothes, leo, grips, tiger paws, clack tubs, tape, etc).
- A small tub/container with chalk and a spray bottle. There will be no community chalk bins or spray bottles due to COVID restrictions.
If and when more information on tryouts becomes available, it will be posted on this page.
Your coaches are very excited to get this season started!!
If there are any further questions, please contact either Coach Maci or Coach Brynne via email.
In-person conditioning for Gymnastics has been canceled for today. There were not enough sign ups to hold an in-person conditioning. See below for the at-home workout designed by the coaches:
5 minute run/jog
5-10 minute stretch
You will then complete 3 sets. Each set will be for 7-minutes. You will need to work through the exercises as quickly as possible and complete as many rounds of those exercises as possible.
Round 1: 15 push ups, 20 v-ups, 25 air squats, 30 toe raises
Round 2: 12 dips (use the edge of a chair or couch), 20 side crunches on each side, 15 jumping lunges on each side
Round 3: 30 arch ups, 20 high knees on each leg, 12 burpees with a pushup
Rest for 1-2 minutes inbetween each round. When you have finished, do 10 kicks on each leg in each directions (front, side, back).
Athletics have returned here at CFHS!!!
Please review the following information. It is important that all athletes and parents have reviewed and understand these policies and protocols before athletes return to play.
1. All athletes participating in pre-season conditionigs MUST have a completed physical on file at the school before you can participate in the conditioning activities (so before October 15th). You can drop it off at the school to Mr. Hill M-F by 4:00 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your physical from last year does not count. It must be dated after May 1st, 2020.
2. There will be an emergency card and participation consent form on the Forge Athletics page and on the Gymnastics page in the "Team Files" tab that will need to be filled out. You may not participate without your coach having a completed copy of both forms.
3. Our first conditioning date is Thursday, October 15 from 4-6pm. We will have conditionings every other Thursday from 4-6pm from then on. These are not mandatory.
4. We will have access to the tennis courts, and your designated check in/parking lot would be directly in front of the courts. We will always have conditioning here until we move inside. No school equipment will be used. We may not have off campus practice
5. When you arrive, DO NOT leave your car until you have been checked in (temp taken and form checked off) and asked to go out to the courts.
6. There will be no building access during this phase of conditioning. Not even for the restroom (Porta pottys will be available if you have to use the restroom)
7. Bring your own water bottles. Nothing can be shared!
8. You MUST wear a mask unless you are actually exercising. Coach Brynne and I will be wearing masks the entire time.
9. Please do not to huddle together at any time. You should be able to stand in one place with your arms out to the side and not touch anyone at ALL times.
10. Please wear comfortable sneakers as you will be doing conditioning exercises. You may also want to bring a yoga mat and jump rope, but these are not required.
11. Please arrive and leave on time. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may not be able to participate in conditioning that day.
12. If your parent would like to watch, they MUST stay in their car in the parking lot.
Our season will not start until December 14th, meaning that will most likely be the day of tryouts. We will have 60% of our regular season meets and 100% of post season meets (to my knowledge). Specifics on districts, regionals, and states will come later. The meet schedule will be posted shortly.
We are participating in the outside conditioning so we are able to participate in inside conditionings if/when approved on October 23rd. If we
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to Coach Maci Winebarger or Coach Brynne Reeves.
All forms needed in order to participate in the pre-season conditionings can be found in the TEAM FILES tab.
If you (your athlete plan to attend pre-season conditioning for gymnastics, please use the sign up link below. The coaches need to know how many athletes to plan for. If there are less than FIVE sign ups, there will be no in-person conditioning and the coaches will post an at-home workout for the girls to do.
If there are any questions, please contact Coach Maci or Coach Brynne via email.
Forge Gymnastics will now have pre-season conditioning every other Thursday afternoon from 4:00-5:15pm in the gymnasium. This will begin Thursday, November 5th. Athletes will need to enter through door 13 to be checked in and screened. Please arrive and leave on time. All athletes will need to wear a mask at all times until instructed not to. A physical must be on file in order to participate.
If there are any further questions, please contact Coach Maci or Coach Brynne.