Boys Varsity Tennis
At this time Boys Tennis will not be participating in pre-season conditioning activities.
Stay tuned to this web page for future updates on the 2020-2021 season.
When off season tennis conditioning starts, every participant will need an updated physical to participate.
At this time, this start date is undetermined. Please check back for updates.
The VHSL adopted model 3 for sports and activities for the 2020-2021 school year. The plan will be a condensed schedule, starting December 14 with winter sports. The schedule will be:
* Season 1 (Winter) December 14 - February 20 (First Contest Date - December 28)
* Season 2 (Fall) February 15 - May 1 (First Contest Date - March 1)
* Season 3 (Spring) April 12 - June 26 (First Contest Date - April 26)
This means we will have a season but our season will not start until April 12, 2021.
Per the SCPS School Board, extracurricular activities that cannot be conducted virtually will not be permitted, until further notice. They will revisit this decision at a future date.
You can check back here for updates. Please email me if you have any questions.
Daily (Monday- Friday) Jr Varsity: 2:30-3:30pm and Varsity: 3:00-5:00pm
- First day of practice, Thursday, 2/27, is an early release day and both teams will have
practice that day. Jr Varsity: 12-1pm and Varsity: 1-3pm
The activity buses do not run on this day so players will need to make plans to be
- Spring Break Practice will be held for both teams on Wednesday (3/18), Friday (3/20),
and Saturday (3/21) from 11:30am-1pm.
- Friday Practices: the activity buses do not run on Fridays so players will need to make
plans to be picked up
*Please note that practice dates and times are subject to change. If this occurs, players will be notified via group text.
The Online Boys Tennis Team Store is now open until Sunday, March 1, 2020.
It is open to everyone who would like to support the Boys Tennis Team.
All of these items are in addition to the team uniform and are not required. In order to receive the items in time for the season, a very early close date was required.
The team uniform is purchased separately.
*Please understand, purchasing from the Boys Tennis Team Store does not guarantee a person will make the JV or Varsity teams.
Here are a few important dates for the 2020 Season:
1) The Parent/Athlete Information Night is Wednesday, February 19, at 6:30pm. It will start in the auditorium with everyone and then we will break out into individual sports. If you plan on being at tryouts, then you and one parent need to attend this meeting.
2) As of now, tryouts will be Monday, February 24, through Wednesday, February 26, at the courts, from 2:30-4:30. Players will find out if they made the team on Wednesday, so plan for extended time that afternoon. Players will need to make plans to be picked up, in case they can't make the activity bus.
*Tryout location is subject to change due to weather. If needed, an update will be posted on our news page and I will contact players via text and parents via email (as long as contact info was provided at the parent/athlete night).
*In order to tryout, you must have a current VHSL physical on file at school (dated after May 1st, 2019). No exceptions.
Before the day of tryouts, VHSL physicals can be turned into the Assistant Athletic Director, Jim Hill, or sent electronically to: email@example.com.
3) You will need a tennis racket and must wear appropriate tennis attire. Please make sure you bring water, as well.