CoEd Varsity Swim & Dive
The banquet will be held on Thursday, March 23rd from 6-8PM in the CFHS Cafeteria. Please let one the coaches know if you are coming and how many you are bringing.
Good evening everyone,
Today the Rouse Center had some work done on pool, fixing the gutters so that swimmers wouldn't cut their toes doing a turn. Unfortunately, the workers started later than expected and it is looking like the pool is not going to be filled in time for us to practice tomorrow. Due to this, we will not be practicing tomorrow. We will see everyone at 5:15AM on Tuesday. Year round swimmers only need to come to Thursday's practice this week, but if you would like to come to an extra practice you are more than welcome.
Good Morning Everyone,
Hope you are all enjoying your 3 day weekend. Some of the Forge swimmers have already had a very eventful weekend. Friday Afternoon, we received a call from the county saying that buses could not leave before 9AM on Saturday due to weather concerns which put a bit of a dent in or plans for Kecoughtan. Luckily we managed to get in touch with the swimmers involved and 5 of them went down the night before so that they could participate on Saturday. We had a lot of great swims and Torii Waisanen qualified for finals in 200 free, placing 15th at the meet! Thank you swimmers for being flexible and working out your schedule so that you could join us.
Here is what we have coming up this week:
- No practice Monday, enjoy the holiday
- We have a meet on Friday, January 20th which is our Senior Meet! Seniors please answer the questionnaire at the end of the email and send it back to one of the coaches by Thursday afternoon.
- Coaches ask that year round swimmers come to two practices this week, one of them being Thursday.
- There will be no practice Friday morning.
Finally, the swim team got a lot of packages this weekend. Some of the apparel that did not come in over break and new warm up jackets are in. We will hand everything out throughout the week.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the coaches. Have a great day.
- How long have you been swimming and how long have you been on the Forge swim team?
- What are your favorite events in high school swimming? What are your least favorite?
- Favorite team memory?
- Where are you going to college/what are your plans after gradation?
- What do you plan to major in?
- Advice for underclassmen?
Good evening everyone,
Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the snow. The coaches just have a couple of announcements about this upcoming week:
- Due to the likely possibility of Stafford delaying school tomorrow, we will not have morning practice. We will see everyone at 5:15 AM on Tuesday
- We will have a mandatory team meeting Tuesday morning at 5:15 AM. We really need the entire team present at this meeting to go over a few things concerning the remainder of the season as well as conferences, regionals, and states.
- Year round swimmers are excused from two practices this week. Since we are cancelling practice tomorrow, that means they must come to two practices this week.
- Swimmers going to Kecoughtan: You must be at practice Friday morning so that we can do our pre-meet workout. The bus for the meet will leave at 4:30AM Saturday morning so please be at CFHS by 4:20. We will be going out between sessions to get lunch and we will stop for dinner on the way home but keep in mind that this is a long day so I recommend bringing some snacks. If anyone would like to bring snacks/drinks for the entire team, feel free.
- The next meet for the entire team will be on January 20th against Brooke Point.
If you have any questions please feel free to email the coaches.
Thank you and have a great evening.
Practice will be from 10:15 - 11:15 on Monday, January 2nd. There will be no dryland practice. We will resume our normal practice schedule on Tuesday, January 3rd. We do have a meet scheduled for Friday, January 6th. If you plan on participating in the meet, please be at practice on January 5th. Year round swimmers are excused from 2 practice this week. Everyone else must attend all practices this week unless it has been previously approved by the coaches.
1 mile run - Warm up
Repeat 3 times: 30 second plank, 10 squats, 10 push ups, 20 russian twists, 10 supermans with fly arms, run 1/4 mile
1/4 mile cool down
1 mile run warm up
Repeat 3 times: 10 plank to push up, 20 lunges (10 each leg), 20 bicycles, 30 second flutter kicks, 1/4 mile run
1/4 mile run cool down
1 mile run warm up
Repeat 3 times: 20 crunches, 10 dips, 20 step ups (10 each leg), 10 leg lifts, run 1/4 mile
1/4 mile cool down
Due to the possibility of a delay tomorrow morning, there will be no swim team practice. We will see everyone at the meet at 7:00.
Here is the link to the sign up genius for the pasta party. Please sign up to bring something if you plan to attend. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4faead2ca64-pasta
Good afternoon everyone,
I would like to start be saying that the meet was a huge success last night! We had swimmers going their best times, great races, and parents stepping up to help out last minute. You all are doing a great job this season. We had a few more swimmers qualify for the Kecoughtan Invite so if your name is on the list below, please plan on coming with us on January 14th:
Danielle Kratowicz - 200 free
Dean Fecteau - 50 free
Torii Waisanen - 50 and 100 free
Ian McTarsney - 200 IM and 100 fly
James Howe - 100 back
For next week, we have another long week. A meet Wednesday against Mountain View and a tri meet on Friday against Stafford High and Riverbend. Please note for the tri-meet, we are getting added into their dual meet so we can get some swims in that we missed out on when the Massaponax meet was cancelled. We will only be entering 2 relays but we will get 4 entries for the individual events. Some athletes may not be swimming as much as they normally do. We will need a few volunteers but since this meet was already planned through Riverbend and Stafford, we may not need as many as we normally do. Please let us know if you cannot make it to one of these meets.
We will also be having a pasta party on Tuesday night. The McTarsney family has offered to let us use their home for the pasta party so please sign up to bring something on the sign up genius that Mrs. MacIsaac has sent out.
Practice this week will be on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Year round swimmers need to come Tuesday and Friday if they want to swim in the meets. Since Friday's practice will be a little bit shorter, swimmers do not need to report to the pool until 5:30.
We will also be having pictures Monday afternoon/evening. Pictures for the swim team are at 6:15 PM. We understand this is a little later than we thought, but we would really appreciate it if everyone could be there. Seniors and Juniors if you could provide rides for the underclassmen that would be greatly appreciated. We are going to wear our warm ups for the pictures.
Speaking of warm ups, I am going to order more this week. I thought I ordered enough to compensate for swimmers who purchased them last year, but we have A LOT of new people this year so clearly, we need some more. If people can let me know what kind of sizes we need before Wednesday, I can put the order in.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the coaches.
See everyone Monday morning!
Another reminder to please be at practice by 5:15 so that we can take care of administrative matters such as paperwork, handing out equipment, and other information.
1) The meet tomorrow begins at 8:00PM. Warm ups begin at 7:30. Please be at the pool by 7:15.
2) The suits are in! We will hand them out at the meet tomorrow so please come see a coach as soon as you get there. This is why we need you all there by 7:15.
3) Meet entries were passed around today. Please be aware that they are not final. Depending on attendance today, some events may be switched around
4) We are going to dress up for school tomorrow to show that we have a swim meet. "Dress up" means dress professionally, like your teachers. No jeans! Girls can wear dresses, skirts, or dress pants. Boys can wear a nice shirt and dress pants. Khakis are OK.
5) We need someone to host the pasta party tonight. Please email Coach McDonald or Mrs. MacIsaac by 3:00 if you are interested in hosting. All we would need you to do is let us use your house and cook some pasta. Other families will provide the rest. Please refer to the sign up genius to sign up for something to bring: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4faead2ca64-pasta
6) We need volunteers for the meets. They will not run without volunteers. Each parent will need to volunteer 3 times per swimmer in order for us to fill every position. If you did not get an email from Mrs. MacIsaac, here is the sign up genius to sign up for volunteer positions: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4faead2ca64-forge
If you have any questions please feel free to email the coaches. Have a great day and we will see everyone tomorrow!
We need volunteers for pasta parties! Please sign up through the following link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0b4faead2ca64-pasta
The Kecoughtan Invitational will be held on Saturday, January 14th. This is a prelims/finals meet so plan on spending your entire Saturday at the pool. Only swimmers who make the qualifying time will come to the meet with us. Please review the qualifying times so that you have a "goal" to reach at the meets.
EVENT QUALIFYING TIME
1 -- BOYS 200 YARD MEDLEY RELAY NO TIME
2 -- GIRLS 200 YARD MEDLEY RELAY NO TIME
3 -- BOYS 200 YARD FREESTYLE 2:08.00
4 -- GIRLS 200 YARD FREESTYLE 2:20.00
5 -- BOYS 200 YARD INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY 2:24.00
6 – GIRLS 200 YARD INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY 2:38.00
7 – BOYS 50 YARD FREESTYLE 24.50
8 – GIRLS 50 YARD FREESTYLE 28.00
9 – BOYS 100 YARD BUTTERFLY 1:03.00
10 – GIRLS 100 YARD BUTTERFLY 1:11.00
11 – BOYS 100 YARD FREESTYLE 55.00
12 – GIRLS 100 YARD FREESTYLE 1:01.50
13 – BOYS 500 YARD FREESTYLE 5:32.00
14 – GIRLS 500 YARD FREESTYLE 6:08.00
15 – BOYS 200 YARD FREESTYLE RELAY NO TIME
16 – GIRLS 200 YARD FREESTYLE RELAY NO TIME
17 – BOYS 100 YARD BACKSTROKE 1:06.00
18 – GIRLS 100 YARD BACKSTROKE 1:11.00
19 – BOYS 100 YARD BREASTSTROKE 1:12.00
20 – GIRLS 100 YARD BREASTSTROKE 1:21.00
21 – BOYS 400 YARD FREESTYLE RELAY NO TIME
22 – GIRLS 400 YARD FREESTYLE RELAY NO TIME
There will be no weight training on Wednesday due to coach's Parent Teacher Conferences.
Congratulations to the swimmers listed below for making the Colonial Forge Swim Team this year! We will see all of you Monday at 5:15 AM! If you are a year round swimmer, you are excused from 2 practices this week.
A couple of notes:
1) The swim team store is now open! If you would like to purchase apparel, please do so by November 27th. Please click on the following link to purchase your order: https://cfhsswim16.itemorder.com/sale. It is not required to purchase apparel. Each swimmer will be given a t-shirt, warm ups (for the season, not to keep) and a suit which is included in the team dues.
2) This week, each swimmer will be given a packet of paperwork. Coaches must have the following items by Friday, November 18th: code of conduct packet, swimmer profile sheet, signed swim team policies, and an $80 check made out to CFHS Swim Team. If we are missing something come Monday the 21st, that swimmer will not be allowed in the water and will be marked with an unexcused absence until all paperwork and check is turned in.
If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to email the coaches.
Please do not forget to turn everything in tomorrow. We need 5 things: Swimmer Profile (on our website), Swim Team Policies (on our website), a check for $80, code of conduct packet, and the emergency contact card. We will let swimmers know what we have/dont have tomorrow at practice.
Also, Physicals need to be up to date and turned in to the coaches or the office. If you last got a physical BEFORE May 1st 2016, you need a new one. We cannot let you swim if you do not have an updated physical.
Please email the coaches if you have any questions.
It is looking like we are probably going to have to cut a couple of people from the team as we are at almost 60 swimmers. The coaches were looking over time trials this morning and noticed some swimmers who have not completed all 6 time trials at this time. If a swimmer is missing time trials, they are in danger of getting cut from the team. Please make sure your swimmer has the following time trials in: 500 free, 100 IM, 50 free, 50 fly, 50 back, 50 breast. If they are missing a time, they can come tomorrow morning to make it up.
The team will be posted here on Saturday, November 12th.
There has been a test email sent out to the team. If you did not receive an email and want to be on the email list please email Coach Megan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach Holly (email@example.com). Announcements will also be posted on the website throughout the season.
Tryouts begin Monday, November 7th at 5:15AM and will run through Friday, November 11th. Since Tuesday is a day off for students, students will be marked "excused" if they cannot attend tryouts due to not being able to get a ride. The swim team limit is 50 swimmers so if we get less than 50, we will not make cuts. In the event that we get more than 50, we will first look for the ability to swim 500 yards without stopping and the ability to swim all 4 strokes. If that still does not get us down to 50 swimmers we will then look at time trials. In this event, swimmers will need to make two of the following times: 50 free in 0:45, 50 fly in 1:00, 50 back in 1:00, 50 breast in 1:10, 100IM in 1:45, and 500 free in 10:00. All 6 time trials will be required to make the team. Friday's tryouts will be a make up day for swimmers who have not completed all 6 time trials.
See everyone Monday at 5:15 AM! Looking forward to an exciting season.
Pool conditioning begins this week! We will have pool conditioning on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3-4 until the season starts. Let's meet at the track this Tuesday at 2:30 to get rides arranged.
Still no word on the pool. Please meet at the track for conditioning until we get word on pool time.
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Colonial Forge Swim Team! My name is Megan McDonald and I will be returning to coach Forge this year along with our new coach Holly Cann! Holly has worked in the swimming community in Stafford for quite some time and I am really looking forward to having her on board for our program. The 16-17 swim team tryouts will begin Monday, November 7th at 5:30 AM at the Jeff Rouse Sports Center. Please be there by 5:15 so we are ready to go by 5:30. We plan to run tryouts that entire week and let swimmers know who made the team that weekend. If you are planning to try out, please review and sign the swim team policies along with filling out a swimmer information sheet which can be found in the team documents section of this website. These can be turned into the coaches during tryout week.
With the season starting in about 6 weeks, we are going to begin our pre-season conditioning next week! The first day of conditioning will be Tuesday, October 4th at 3:00 PM. As of right now, the plan is to swim every Tuesday and Wednesday and to do dryland conditioning on Thursdays. All practices will begin at 3:00 (that means you are ready to go at 3:00!). Please review the team website later this week to ensure that this is our final schedule (we have a coaches meeting on Wednesday to discuss how the high schools will be sharing the pool during pre-season). Like last year, the pre-season practices are OPTIONAL, but if you are not doing anything right now to stay in shape, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you attend.
As far as transportation is concerned for the pool days, we may need the help of some of our upperclassmen. I have put in a request to transportation to drive students myself which should be approved, but in the event that it is denied, we will need to work together to get our swimmers to the pool. Upperclassmen, if you are able to drive someone to the pool, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if anyone needs a ride please email me and I will pair you up with someone who is willing to provide transportation. While we are discussing transportation, hopefully we can get a bus for the season to bring athletes to school after our morning practices, but as it was last year, we cannot justify a bus unless we have 15-20 students using it. If you plan to use the bus during the season, please let me know via email.
Please check back with this website later in the week for any last minute details on the upcoming season and pre-season conditioning. As always, if you have an questions feel free to send me an email.
I look forward to working with all you of you this year! Go Eagles!