JV Field Hockey
Field Hockey Conditioning Update:
- There is no conditioning today, 11/24/2020.
- All off season sports will not resume conditioning until we come back from winter break. I will email our start date sometime in December.
- Prospective Players only- check your email on how to join our Remind Group.
- The winter dead period is December 7-19, 2020. There will be no communication with the players during that time.
Please let me know if you have any questions- email@example.com
Field Hockey conditioning has a few updates:
- There will be NO conditioning on Tuesday, 11/3/2020. Conditioning will resume on Tuesday, 11/10/2020.
- Time change: Starting 11/10/2020, conditioning will be from 3:30-5pm. Check in will be from 3:30-3:45 to allow students time to get to school.
- Equipment: We can use equipment starting 11/10/2020! Please bring your field hockey gear: running shoes, cleats, field hockey stick, mouth guard, and goggles (if you wish- see explanation below). As always, bring water and wear your mask. The check in process is still the same!
- Rule 1-6-5 in the NFHS Field Hockey Rules book states goggles may be worn but wearing goggles is no longer a requirement. If you choose to wear goggles, they must be permanently labeled with the ASTM 2713 stamp.
- There will be NO conditioning on Tuesday, 11/24/2020.
Field Hockey conditioning is canceled today due to wet fields. We will see everyone next Tuesday, 10/20/2020!
We can officially begin off season conditioning. Click on the link below to see off season conditioning information. Please read and review all the information provided. Email me with questions or concerns!
This questionnaire is for anyone new that interested in playing field hockey at Colonial Forge High School (rising 9th graders, new students, or anyone that did not play field hockey this past season). Filling out this form does not mean you have to try out for the team nor does it mean you have a spot on the team. This form helps the coaches prepare for tryouts and have your information/emails.
Link to fill out- Prospective Player Form
2020 Field Hockey Tryouts- Please plan vacations prior to tryouts and our season. We understand problems may arise but attendance is very important and absences will impact playing time (upon making the team).
Tryouts will start Monday, February 15, 2020 and go through Wednesday, February 17 2020. The players will find out if they made the team on February 17, 2020 after tryouts.
Tryout times are TO BE DETERMINED.
Must have a current physical on file (dated after May 1, 2020).
Must have cleats and running shoes, mouth guard, stick and ASTM certified goggles. All goggles must be stamped with the ASTM 2713 certification. If you do not have stamped goggles, you need to buy ones that are. Call Longstreth for questions regarding any goggles you might purchase: 1-800-545-1329
Practices times are to BE DETERMINED.